Tuesday 1 January 2008

Fork Drops of 2007

What in the world, you might ask if you are not a member of my immediate family, is a "fork drop"? A fork drop, as defined by our crazy family, is a shocking or unexpected event. You know, the kind of news that makes people at the dinner table drop their forks in shock and stare blankly into space. At the end of every year, my family develops the Fork Drop List for the year. Here is my official Fork Drop List for 2007:

1. It SNOWED on my daughter's wedding day! You have to understand, she got married in April, which is usually warm and bright in North Carolina. So my wife and I happily planted gerber daisies throughout our yard in preparation for Christy & Kenney's big day. The bizarre snow that morning wiped out the entire crop of gerbers! Grrrrrrrrr! (and Brrrrrr!)

2. BOTH of our daughters announced that they were going to give birth to baby girls! What are the odds that we would have two grandsons and then two granddaughters?

3. I actually learned how to BLOG! Who KNEW?????????????

4. I actually learned how to navigate my way around a digital camera. Again, who KNEW??????????

5. I actually beat my son-in-law at UNO. How in the WORLD did that happen???

6. My son-in-law Michal announced that he is going to become a professional deep sea diver and that Rachel and the kids would be staying with us for a bit. I am THRILLED to have the chance to spend so much time with Rachel and the kids, but we will miss Michal a LOT!

7. I actually lived long enough to see the Washington Redskins BEAT the Dallas Cowboys and make it to a playoff berth! WHO KNEW????

Well, there is this year's list. Who knows what will make the Fork Drops of 2008 list?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the year 2008 will be a year
of NEW BEGINNINGS!
We will trust that
the 'fork dropping'
will be done because of God
working His miracles in our family..
~ Tia

Rachel said...

WHO KNEW???? :)