Thursday 27 December 2007

All Good Gifts

The title for today's blog is actually the title of one of my favorite songs with the same name from the musical GODSPELL. The song lyrics powerfully point the listener to the root of all blessings in our lives: our merciful Heavenly Father. As I wrap up my time in London with Rachel, Michal, Noah, and Chloe Grace, I am keenly aware of the undeserved and bountiful gifts I have unwrapped this Christmas season: the thrill of holding my newborn granddaughter, the joy of playing with my best boys (this is my special name for my grandsons), the pleasure of spending quality time with my daughters and their husbands, the excitement of traveling abroad, the knowledge that God the Restorer has made all things new in my family...the list goes on and on.

This Christmas has been so extraordinary to me because I have seen God work so powerfully in my children and grandchildren's lives to bring them together in the families as He has, and to reassure me that He truly is the giver of all that is and can be good in this life. He has allowed me the privilege of living long enough to see so much beauty from former ashes. For any former LCS Drama students who know this show from when we did it , I urge you to find this song and enjoy it again. As you listen, think about just how deeply good God is. I would love to hear from you when you do. Tell me how good He has been to you. We can never say it enough....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

God is definitely good and my life is a testament of that!

We miss you here already!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is good...He's more than good!
Glad that you're home,Kenny, and so thankful that you were able to be with your dear ones in England.
BTW, I love your blogs, too.
~ laura