Monday 31 December 2007

Soldier Boys: A Rite of Passage


It is almost a tradition for every little boy to play with a package of little green plastic army men. I can clearly remember hours spent as a kid myself at this pursuit, strategically lining up my soldiers to annihilate the approaching enemy, and laughing giddily as I did so by sweeping them down onto the floor with my hands, only to line them up and start all over again. Well, I promised my grandson Braydon that I would get him his first bag of soldiers. To my delight, he went crazy over them! We played with them in the hospital room when Makenna was born and had the time of our life! Even Kenney got in on the action, as you can see in the photo above. Three generations of soldier boys in action! What traditions have been handed down to you from your parents that you have already passed down to your children, or intend to? I would love to hear about them. Right now, I think I will go and play soldiers with Braydon, who just walked in the door!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute. You know, we never did do our 2007 Fork Drops count down.