Sunday 23 December 2007

Should People My Age Blog?

Well, I finally took the plunge and joined the electronic age by having my daughter set me up with my very own blog! I was unreasonably nervous about starting this to begin with as I obsessed with thoughts along the lines of "What if my entries are stupid???" and "Who would even care???" Then it dawned on me that, like everything else in my life, I really don't lose sleep at night worrying about the opinions of others. Not to sound rude. Just too tired to filter all of the stuff that people like to offer (unsolicited, of course. And I ought to know about offering unsolicited advice. Just ask my daughters and son-in-laws....)


Today, I went into London with my wife, daughter-son-in-law, and grandchildren to see Santa Claus (or Father Christmas, as he is known in the UK) at Harrods. Harrods has got to be the ultimate Christmas shopping experience available to modern man. Afterwards, we took the Tube to Covent Gardens (amazingly beautiful and thrilling) and then wrapped up our day at Trafalgar Square. It was one of those times in your life when you realize so strongly that you are making lifetime memories, that it almost takes your breath away. The time I get with my UK family is so precious to me that I try to imbed it all in my memory as much as I can. Of course, photos help, too. Here is one of Covent Gardens decorated for the Holidays.





Here is my daughter Rachel holding our new granddaughter, Chloe, in Harrods.

My grandson Noah, my wife, and I are enjoying a ride on Thomas the Train!

My daughter Rachel took this spectacular shot of Trafalgar Square lit up- just beautiful!
So there! I finished my first-ever blog and actually enjoyed it! So easy even a grandfather can do it (with a lot of help from my daughter....) So maybe I'll write another one tomorrow-even if no one reads it!

9 comments:

Britney said...

Congratulations on joining the blogging community! I enjoyed reading your blog... I especially liked the pictures. :) Have fun in the UK!!

Britney said...

PS. I've already bookmarked your page, so I can check back often.

Crystal's Elite Dance Studio said...

See Dad, people will read your blogs!! =) The pictures are awesome, they only thing they're missing is us!! Maybe one time we can take a trip with all of us somewhere...maybe somewhere warm. =) love u & miss u!

~Christy~

Melanie said...

What great pictures! Welcome to the very addictive world of blogging!

Rachel said...

Yay Dad!I lok forward to reading all nyour blogs!

laurahill said...

Kenny,
This is fantastic!
Hey, now I can read
yours along with your daughters:-}
The pictures are amazing and I can actually imagine Trafalgar Square looking like that..
it is so beautiful!
Have a GREAT time with your dear family
and Merriest Christmas ~
all my love, Tia

Aprille - The Muddled said...

Its UNCLE KENNY!! Sweeet! I look forward to seeing your take on the world. Blogging is so fun. Your bookmarked baby!

emily said...

I also have bookmarked you :D hehe

bethany said...

Hi! I'm bookmarking your blog, too. I hope that's ok. :) If you want to see mine, it's at www.babythunder.net/blog

Merry Christmas!! :)