Saturday 6 September 2008

Batten Down The Hatches

Since Hurricane Hannah decided to visit our great state, the entire family (except Michal, who is Aberdeen, Scotland) is here to ride the storm through together. We had a giant sleep over last night. My grandsons were ecstatic to spend time together. Once I got home, they happily invited me to join them in their games of pirates and Star Wars adventures, screaming with delight as we played together on my bed in our makeshift tents, proudly and loudly proclaiming "Only boys- no girls allowed!" Amazingly, we got them calmed down long enough to feed them, bathe them, and put them to sleep. I got to spend time with my beautiful granddaughters, whose smiles still melt me every time I look at them! We then settled in for a game of dueling laptops (Rachel vs. Christy vs. Kenney- I don't know who won) and our favorite Friday night TV shows, "Monk" and "Psyche". All in all, we had a very pleasant evening together. This morning, we'll have breakfast in several shifts and surely continue the pirates/Star War marathon.
I wouldn't have it any other way.....

1 comment:

Britney said...

What great memories your grandsons will have of their childhoods!!