Monday 1 September 2008

I Have Returned!

I am embarrassed.
I have not blogged since...gulp...July 15.
So here goes an honest attempt to get back into Blogland.
If I am allowed....

In my defense, I have been crazy busy in August. I changed scool districts. For those of you who are teachers, enough said. You know exactly how exhausting and time-consuming that is! I got a wonderful opportunity to teach in the best school district in my state, so I jumped on the chance. My new school has a great auditorium (a treat for Theater teachers), and a Booster Club that raises $, runs concessions at shows, handles tickets, and makes my life a dream come true! I have very eager students who are really into Theater. I have principals who actually care about rules and take care of business! Pinch me...am I dreaming???? No wait- I AM awake! I also have tremendous technical resources available to me.

I am smiling a LOT these days....

And I teach at a school that actually has a football team that wins games.
(And I'm not just just talking about forfeits, either).

So what that I have a long commute. We will be moving closer to my new school this coming summer, so I can hold on for now. I bought a new car that's great on gas and has XM satelittle radio, so I am all set. I can listen to Fox news, Broadway show tunes, stand-up comedy, Big Band, 70s hits...the list goes on.

Good times!

I hope to hear from others who will forgive my looooong blog absence.
I hope to talk to you tomorrow, as well.

4 comments:

Britney said...

Welcome back to the land of blogging. Congrats on the new job. It sounds like it is going to be refreshing for you. I'm excited about all the resources you have access to. What shows are you going to be doing this year?

Crystal's Elite Dance Studio said...

I miss you guys. It's sad, we live in the same town and have to schedule times to see each other!!

~Christy~

Anonymous said...

Britney,
Hi! Great to hear from you! I am thrilled with my new school!I am doing DEATH BY CHOCOLATE, a murder mystery comedy,for our fall show and STATE FAIR for our musical. Was today your first day of school?
Ken

Anonymous said...

Christy,
We miss you soo much! We HAVE TO see you guys soon!
All my love,
Dad